Arrival by Car
Many campers are driven to camp on our opening days and picked up on the last days of each session.
Arrival by Bus
Camp Moosilauke arranges chaperoned buses from NYC and Greenwich, CT, on Opening Day of both the 4.5-week and the 2.5-week sessions. We also have a bus returning to NYC and Greenwich, CT on Closing Day of the 2.5-week session. If you are interested in your son coming on a bus, please complete and forward the travel form you will receive in the mail in the spring. Reservations are made on a first-come, first-served basis. One-way bus fare is $150.
Pick-up at Airport
Our staff will pick up campers flying domestically at Logan Airport/Boston, MA, the Manchester, NH airport, or the Lebanon, NH airport. Campers flying from outside the US can be picked up at Logan Airport in Boston. Costs for one-way airport pick-ups are as follows: Logan Airport/Boston, MA, $150; Manchester, NH, $120; and Lebanon, NH, $120.
Driving Directions to Moosilauke
Moosilauke, located in the foothills of the White Mountains in Orford, NH, is a 4.5-hour drive from New York City, 2.5 hours by car from Boston, and 30 minutes north of Hanover, NH (where Dartmouth is located).
From NYC: Take either Interstate 95, 84, or the Merritt Parkway to 91 North. Stay on 91 to exit 15 in Fairlee, VT and Orford NH. Turn right off exit to Route 5, and head north on 5 to the center of Fairlee, where you take a right across the bridge into NH and Route 10. Turn right on 10 South and proceed for 1 block, and then turn left onto 25A (at the Orford Service Center). Travel for 10 miles until you see the Camp Moosilauke sign, the second left at the bottom of a large hill.
From Boston: Take Interstate 93 North until the second Plymouth NH exit. Follow Route 3A to Route 25 to Rumney NH; stay on 25 for approximately 10 miles to Wentworth. Take a left at the yellow blinking light onto 25A and travel 5 miles, where you will see the Camp Moosilauke sign on the right.
Places to Stay
The following is a list of hotels, motels, bed & breakfast facilities, and inns within an hour’s drive from Moosilauke. (Locations, phone numbers and distance from Moosilauke are noted.)
- Airport Inn, West Lebanon, NH, (603)298-8888, 40 minutes
- Alden Inn, Lyme, NH, (603)795-2222, 25 minutes
- Best Western, White River Jct, VT, (802)528-1234, 40 minutes
- Breakfast on CT, Lyme, NH, (603)353-4444, 20 minutes
- Chieftan Motel, Hanover, NH, (603)643-2550, 30 minutes
- Coach N Four Motel, White River Jct, VT, (802)295-2210, 40 minutes
- Comfort Inn, White River Jct, VT, (802)295-3051, 40 minutes
- Days Inn, Lebanon, NH, (603)448-5070, 45 minutes
- Dowd Inn, Lyme, NH, (603)795-4712, 25 minutes
- Gibson House, Haverill, NH, (603)989-3125, 10 minutes
- Hampton Inn, White River Jct, VT, (802)296-2800, 40 minutes
- Hanover Inn, Hanover, NH, (603)643-4300, 35 minutes
- Holiday Inn Express, Lebanon, NH, (603)448-5070, 45 minutes
- Home Hill Country Inn, Plainfield, NH, (603)675-6165, 1 hour
- Lake Morey Inn, Fairlee, VT, (802)333-4311, 20 minutes
- Norwich Inn, Norwich, VT, (802)649-1143, 35 minutes
- Radisson Hotel, W. Lebanon, NH, (603)298-5906, 40 minutes
- Ramada Inn, White River Jct, VT, (802)295-3000, 35 minutes
- Residence Inn, West Lebanon, NH, (603)643-4511, 40 minutes
- Six South Street Hotel, Hanover, NH, (603) 643-0600, 35 minutes
- Sunset Motor Inn, W.Lebanon, NH, (603)298-8721, 45 minutes
- Super 8 Motel, White River Jct, VT, (802)295-7577, 40 minutes
- Three Sisters Inn, Fairlee, VT, (413)593-1043, 20 minutes